Corry Federal Credit Union is a member-owned financial institution dedicated to serving the financial needs of our members and their families in a friendly and professional manner. Our commitment is to remain fiscally responsible: offering attractive rates for deposit accounts and loans while continually expanding our services for our member's convenience. Our primary goal is to be our member's first choice for financial services.
HISTORY OF CORRY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
- We began in 1958 as the Raymond Employees Federal Credit Union and were started by a group of employees who worked at the Barnes/Raymond Group.
- These employees started with their own funds to be able to save money and to borrow money at lower interest rates.
- In the beginning the credit union held its residence at Raymond's Plant but on September 12, 1962 it moved to the house on 41 East Church Street (right across from the plant). Here the credit union stayed until November 30, 1998, when it moved to 407 North Center Street.
- In August 2005, we changed the name from the Raymond Employees FCU to the Corry FCU because by this point, we had so many other groups that had joined the credit union's charter and our main sponsor group, Raymond's, was called Associated Springs. So because our charter stated that anyone in the city of Corry could join, the board decided the name change was appropriate.
- We built a new location at 728 Worth Street and left Center Street on January 15, 2006. Worth Street remains our current, main location.
- On November 16, 2015 we opened our first branch office at 56 North Main Street in Union City.
- Currently we have almost 6,000 members, $44, 332,696. 63 in assets as of May 31, 2016, and 21 employees.
- We are the largest credit union in the Corry area, and continue to grow strong.